Vert Shock Review – Should You Buy it or Not?
When my kid was trying to make it to varsity, the coach was very clear with his feedback on his jump.
We looked all over to increase his jump height and technique.
My boy was so advanced; we had two difficulties:
- Coaches in the area seemed to be teaching the same things
- He was very arrogant and hard to teach
- It’s sad to see a kid shoot himself on the foot. We had to help him, but it wasn’t easy when coaches didn’t offer anything new, and he was overconfident.
Well, seeing us struggle, another parent came to us with this program. Ultimately, it made a huge difference, and he did make it to varsity.
Although it takes a lot of discipline, I am writing this review of Vert Shock because I can attest it works.
Sometimes, coaches want to focus on everything. I mean, that’s fine, and they know what they’re doing. However, sometimes, it just takes working on the one thing to make a difference.
Vert Shock was the difference to us. It promises, and it delivers.
Vert Shock Unraveled
n a nutshell, this program focuses everything revolving jumping in basketball.
- Muscles and joints to train
- How to train them
- How to apply them in different situations
- Get the best impulse when jumping
- Decrease the impact when landing
- Go on with the game swiftly
The program is the result of a detailed study of the science behind basketball and jumping. Hours after hours of papers, observation, and real-life coaching are printed in this book.
At first, I seemed a little skeptical, but apparently, other teammates of my son had used similar methods. He seemed OK with it and wanted to try.
My main issue was that I didn’t want to spend on something that wouldn’t be used… I was wrong.
To start, the system is easy to follow and understand. I don’t know anything about basketball or the body, but I was able to follow, help my son. Whenever he was training, I could help him with feedback.
Then, it focuses on jumping and does that perfectly!
You don’t have to change anything else, just work on those jumps. The program promises one thing and delivers it. There are no promises of impossible goals or making you the new MJ. Instead, it’s all about taking you to the next level.
Who are Adam Folker and Justin Darlington?
Adam Folker, a Canadian basketball player, has been playing for years and is still a professional player overseas. His latest article states that he’s playing in the Czech Republic.
Justin, on the other hand, is a professional dunker. He has many videos on YouTube where he shows his moves in the basketball court, and I must admit that they are amazing. This guy can defy gravity and make slams like a pro.
In his role in the Vert Shock program, he has designed several bonus materials, and he promotes the program
‘Jump Like Justin” is one of the additional products he offers. I guarantee you will be impressed by his work.
However, the most impressive thing is the program, of course. It’s the perfect combination of talent and professional experience.
They made it easy for anyone to understand: even a teenager.
The Outline of Adam Folker and Justin Darlington Vert Shock Program
The workouts are divided into 3 stages.
Progressively, they take you through an 8-week-long program that will help you unlock your jump potential.
In essence, the program breaks down every part of a vertical jump. You’ll learn what makes them and what can break them. Be patient, the program gets more complex with time, but it can seem basic at first.
However, if you don’t skip any steps, you’ll maximize gains.
Keep in mind; this program is not intended to show you “tricks.” Instead, it’s meant to develop your strength and muscles.
You’ll develop your explosive strength and unlock the real potential of your jumps.
- The Pre-Shock Phase
- The Shock Phase and
- The Post-Shock Phase.
- Let’s take a look at each part of the training…
During this part, you will do different plyometric exercises.
For 7 days. you’ll be preparing your body for the toughest parts of the training.
- Gain flexibility and strength in joints and tendons
- Develop explosive energy
- Acquire strength to maintain posture
- By the end of this first week, my boy’s jump had improved by 3 to 5 inches. He seemed quite bummed by it, but
- it was a lot. Especially, because he really struggled with this phase. If your body is not used to these exercises, it will take a lot of discomforts to get used to them.
However, by the fourth day, your body will develop reflexes around these exercises.
How does this happen?
With the right technique and dedication! Generally, basketball players have these movements at hand; they just do them differently.
Once you’re done here, you will be able to:
- Put more energy into your muscles to jump
- Maximize efforts with the right technique and posture
- Reduce impact when landing
- The Shock Phase
This is the most intense and the phase that occupies the largest chunk of the 2 months.
- Increase the explosive energy in your jumps
- Gain skills to master balance and vertigo
- Use strength and posture to reduce impact when landing
- Learn the right way to elevate and how to position your fall
This phase involves a lot of plyometric exercises, combined with other types of exercises, designed to help you build strength. By the time you are through with this phase, your jumps should be 9″-15″ higher.
Here, it’s drill after drill. There’s no way around it. Take as much time as you need with this.
In this stage, it’s more about reflexes.
In the previous two, you had to learn moves and develop muscles that maybe weren’t as developed before.
You’ll achieve that in less than 2 months.
Now, once you’re through with the others, it doesn’t mean your job is done. You have solid bases to exercise on your own and push yourself harder. However, as I mentioned before, this isn’t only about strength, it’s also about technique.
In the Post-Shock Phase, you’ll learn the right ways to develop muscle memory…
- Train your body to jump and fall well automatically
- Develop your balance and vertigo senses, so your body feels “when it’s right.”
- Become one with jumping correctly and get it out of your head
Why is this important?
Well, you need your focus on the match, the other players, not on your jumps. You can make sure that your body goes very high, without it taking much space in your head.
Why Adam Folker’s Vert Shock?
- Start by developing a solid base
- Greatly reduce the possibility of injury
- Focus on one thing without hurting your other skills
- It’s meant to work naturally with your body
- The right movements will become second nature
- Easy to understand and follow
- Notice and track your results
- They suggest some equipment, but there’s no need to buy any if you can’t
- Get your training schedule
- Improve your technique with explanatory videos
- See professional athletes perform the exercises
- Focus on your technique
- Aspire to long-term results
- Proud and annoying as my son was, he kept working because it was easy for him to notice how much he was improving.
Personally, this is one of the first programs I see that focuses on creating “reflexes.” Other programs teach you how to do things and leave you at that. But here, you learn how to do it well, every time, without having to think about it every time.
I can see my son’s body getting ready for a big jump while keeping his eyes and attention on the game.
Support and Bonus
As a parent, you want to know you’re doing the right thing for your child.
However, in my case, I know almost nothing about basketball, so how could I know?
Well, the program comes with support from the authors and bonuses.
First, with the support feature, you can email them any questions you can have about the system. This feature sounds fantastic, but I never really used it, so I can’t say much about it. We didn’t use it because the whole system is quite easy to follow.
The program is created to create independent students.
How do they make sure this happens?
Well, they also added some excellent bonus material…
There are a few extra e-books that you are going to get as bonuses when you buy this program. In essence, these bonuses are meant to finetune the skills you’ll learn with the program or potentiate them.
- Dirty Tricks to Jumping Higher.
- Justin Darlington shares his personal approach to jumping.
- You can improve your jumps, especially if you want to show off.
- Vertical Jump Killers.
- The book deals with the 4 things that usually hurt your vertical jumps.
- See if you’re doing them and learn how to change them.
- Jumpers Diet Checklist.
- This is a food plan that features the foods you should eat to boost your jumps.
- Also, it’ll help you recover faster.
- Weekly Check-ins.
- This is an optional email check-in to help you stick to the program.
If you’re looking for a program to play basketball better, this may not be the best for you. Shocked? Let me remind you…
This program focuses on vertical jumps!
Unlike other programs, Vert Shock focuses on one thing, and it delivers! You’ll see measurable results, in time, without b.s.
Improve your vertical jumps and your chances to achieve your dreams.
Sometimes, we may think we’re not good enough for a thing, because we’re not accomplishing what others expect from us. I know my son felt that way. But his problem was not how capable he was to do anything…
He needed a different way of training, and prove, to himself, that he was capable.
Yes, in only two months, my son had increased his jumping height by more than 20 inches consistently, an even more at times. However, he also developed discipline and believed in himself.
Get better, mentally, and physically, and break down those barriers that could be holding you down!